Monday, July 23, 2007

Papa Cristo's


Last week I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to eat out Monday-Thursday. On Tuesday I went with some peeps from the lab to this fabulous family-owned Greek restaurant called Papa Cristo's on Pico and Normandy, which is pretty close to SC. Here's a website: http://www.papacristos.com/ complete with video, music, and menu. It's one of those places where you order the food and then sit down at one of the many table-clothed tables and pretend to have intent conversations with your friends, while all you're really thinking about is how much you can't wait to sink your teeth in a nice hunk of lamb. Most dinner plates are $10.99 and come with a salad, potatoes, and a thing of pita. There are also really good looking sandwiches for $6.99 if your feeling less hungry. I got a Souvlaki (lamb kebab) dinner plate, and it was delicious, but I really want to go back there and try the fish - there were pictures and it still had the head!! The pita was so good I almost bought a package, but we were a little pressed for time and I decided I was going to go back there sometime, anyway. Yeah, that's right it's also a bakery and grocery store that sells oil and olives and baklava and bread among many other things. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

No comments: