Monday, August 6, 2007

We finally made it to Versailles



http://www.versaillescuban.com/

So Kate and I have been meaning to go to this cuban restaurant since...last September. And this past weekend, after being turned away from the beach by the massive surf-competition throngs, and driving around aimlessly we saw a Versailles and pulled a lefty into the magnificently large parking lot of the Manhattan Beach location (we couldn't go the last time we tried cuz the La Cienega location had no parking whatsoever, in or around).

Suffice to say that being turned away from the beach was a blessing.

Kate got something off the pork selection on the menu (i'll let her write what actual item it was, i don't know the name) and that was pretty effin amazing!
Will had the famous garlic chicken which he seemed pretty astounded by, but I actually tried making that myself last night for dinner and it tasted the same so...it's tasty but I personally think it's not revolutionary. Also not revolutionary but still good was the Bistec de Palomilla (top sirloin) that I had.
Overall, I'd say that Kate's pork was the best, and oooh, the fried plantains, so yummy! The desserts also looked good but we didn't have it in us.
Prices are totally normal, decor a little threadbare, but food was quality

1 comment:

leens said...

pretty silly of me not to do this initially, but i finally looked up the name of the really worthwhile dish at this restaurant: Lechon Asado-Cuban Style Roast Pork. Kate and I actually returned here when we were showing some aussies round town, and i ordered the roast pork and it was all that and more. Also, I have decided that fried plantains are delicious.